Update your browser to view this website correctly.
This institution is administered by the sisters of the congregation of Mother of Carmel(C.M.C) and comes under the jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Bishop of Kalyan in the state of Maharashtra. It was formed under the visionary guidance of Mar Paul Chittilapilly, the Bishop in 1991 and Mother Cleopatra, the Provincial Superior of Nirmala Province in Thrissur, Kerala.
The Congregation of the Mother of Carmel (CMC), the first indigenous Religious Congregation for Women in the Syro-Malabar Major Archiepiscopal Church, was founded as the Third Order of Carmelites Discalced (TOCD), on 13 February 1866 at Koonammavu, in the Vicariate of Verapoly,Kerala by Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara the then Vicar General of Syrian Church of Kerala.
Rev. Fr Leopold Beccaro OCD, an Italian Carmelite missionary is its co-founder, who was the Provincial Delegate of the time in Kerala.
We aim at educating - at the intellectual, social, economic, moral and spiritual levels of the people particularly women and children. The care of the sick and the destitute, social welfare services and such other activities are also undertaken according to the needs of the church and of the people of the locality.
There are about6000 sisters working in different states of India and have extended thefield of service even beyond India to other countries.
Briefly, the Nirmala Province, Trichur, one of the twenty-one provinces of the C. M. C. has been pioneering education in Trichur District. The sisters conduct crèche, nursery, K.G primary and secondary Schools, College and post-graduate courses up to Ph.D.
All the heads of the institution, over the years beginning with Sr. Probus followed by Sr. Vimala, Sr. Omer, Sr. Ann Jissa and Sr. Fini Mathew have each dedicated themselves to our motto of love, truth and service.